Saturday 9 January 2016

Crocheting, Cards & Sketch Saturday

Happy Saturday and welcome to my (new) blog.

I can't believe its been over 5 years since my last posted on my old blog (Pink Angel)... where has the time gone.   A lot has happened over those 5 years - new home, new arrivals, new job, loved ones lost and lots of fun & laughter.

So what has brought me back to blogging..... well not only have I missed my blogging buddies, I wanted to share a new passion with you as well as my cards.  

Last year I discovered crocheting and I was shocked at how easy and relaxing I found it.  I've had so much fun making lots of lovely goodies for the family and have 2 projects I working on.
I remember trying to knit with my dear nan when I was little, but never got the hang of it but when one of my colleagues at work introduced me to crocheting it was completely different.  Here's a peek a couple of Infinity Scarf's




And a couple of blankets which are both working progress:




So after a few months of crocheting I realised how much I had missed making my cards. So one cold winters day in November I decided to get out my crafts and make some Christmas cards for 2015..... and after a few weekends surrounded by stamps, papers, flowers, ribbon and my pro-markers I did it.

Here's just a few of the many card's I created.







So here I am today creating my first card of 2016 and for one of my old favourites... Sketch Saturday




This is not my usual style of card but I thought I'd try something new and I like it, I hope you do to.


Supplies 

Flowers: Magnolias, Cherry Blossom, Cosmos Daisy - Wild Orchard Crafts
White Guipure Lace - Wild Orchard Crafts
Stamp: Thinking of You - Hero Arts
Papers: Mulberry Kisses - Trimcraft


4 comments:

  1. Wow! your cards are lovely ~ so much detail! I love all the flowers and lace, just beautiful ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tracie!
    Your cards are gorgeous!
    Flowers and lace look so beautiful!
    Thank you so much for joining this week Sketch Saturday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are all adorable, Love the crocheting as well, Its something I am sadly rubbish at. My Mum and Gran are great at it too!!! Thanks for playing on Sketch Saturday, Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post today is filled with lovely photos. I love your crochet and ALL of your pretty cards. What a delightful interpretation of my sketch this week with all of those lovely flowers and the pretty lace too. Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete